Tuesday 9 April 2013

New Build - V0.4 - Clothing and Pore Potions

 Okay, new build! First a plea - neither myself or the PieWife are working at the moment, and we got bills to pay, and if we can't pay for the internet, I can't upload new versions of the game. So if you've been enjoying the game, and can afford to, it'd be seriously appreciated if you could throw a few bucks towards supporting it's development. The piggy bank is literally less than empty at the moment, and it's kinda scary. PieWife has a job interview tomorrow, so cross your fingers for her! If you can't afford to, don't worry about it - believe me, I understand.

 Right, onto the fun stuff. Download the new build from here http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g985bbfc7cfcd9c1d999263187032f96f87d61951e or the link on the sidebar. There's a few bug fixes (though some still stand) new potions, a new ingredient, and clothing! Check out the cauldron district in Branston to find somewhere to buy new clothes. Also, clothes can get dirty or torn in some circumstances - keep an eye on them!

 I am still trying to get a good new combat system, it's bursting my brain a little, but I will get there. For now, I think I've fixed the old system enough for there not to be any "enemy strike loops" and added an escape option. Sorry guys, it'll be worth it when it's done.

 Going to keep on working tonight, just not sure how long I'm going to be able to so wanted to get a build up. I'm going to add more potions and some of the shop graphics, and if I get a substantial amount of that done will upload it before sleeps.

 Remember DON'T use old save, it'll cause crashes. If you want to get straight to the potion stuff, pick the quick start option and enter your name as "SeldomPie", and you'll enter my super secret testing mode already a alch guild member with some ingredients and 100 shillings.

And there is a cave background I'm working on, just because I wanted an image in this post.

Current possible potions are (highlight to view) - Cap Cap Cap - mushroom soup, Cap Cap Snail - mushroom skin, Cap Snail Snail - nipple eye, Cap Snail Cap - boob +, Snail Cap Cap - boob -, Snail Snail Snail - snail skin, Mandrake, Mandrake, Mandrake - screamer, Mandrake Mandrake Snail - height down, Mandrake Mandrake Cap - Height up, Mandrake Snail Snail - snailhorn, Snail Snail Mandrake - blackeye, Mandrake Snail Cap - rainbow hair, Snail Mandrake Cap - sexup

And I think that's it for now, another update soon, lemme know if clothing or potions or anything is broke! 

5 comments:

  1. I like the new content! A couple of problems though - I ran into 3 bandits, supposedly defeated them all...but one was 41/41 for lust, I couldn't attack her (the other two were over the lust, already) but it wasn't saying I won, which meant fleeing. The other I posted in bug reports - suppose I could have done this one there too, but there's more to discuss!

    I like the battle system now that it's not *enemies gets 4 chances to your 1*. I also like the various enemies available. Probably the biggest problem I have with the battle system now is no ability to increase sex skills through battle - but that's a preference.

    I found the seamtress funny, when I told her to fix my clothes. Gotta love embarressing moments!

    If I could help you out, I would...but I'm in the same boat, trying to find a job. Best I can do is cheer ya on, and keep playing your games, you do a good job with them.

    A question on the *monster watcher* job...are you intending to have a surprise monster show up occasionally, or will it just be a *stare at cave and do nothing*?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There'll be a random chance of a monster showing up for sure - I'm still not sure how to handle things if the player turns up at that town heavily TF'd. "Realisticly" I guess they should just be chased away, but that towns vital for getting to the desert. I'll look into the battle bug, I think it's going to be a little while til I get my "new and improved" system up and running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dark Master10 April 2013 at 00:56

      You could make it so that they can't enter the town and use it services, but can still pass through to the cave.

      Delete
  3. The Dark Master10 April 2013 at 01:01

    I think I should warn you Seldom. One really important thing when it comes to making projects like this is to establish a base design for the project. Then do not, under any circumstances, increase the scope of the project after the design has been set, if you ever intend to finish the project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck and hope your wife get the job. I would like to toss some money your way but i am searching for a job as well. So good luck to both of us :)

    ReplyDelete